Awaken to Meaning is a dojo for people with a wide range of experiences and capacities. Some believe we are confronting a Meaning Crisis, and are looking for ways to respond. Others want to pursue the Good, cultivate wisdom and live a more beautiful life. Our community of practice includes seasoned practitioners and profound theorists who want to help you deepen your journey.
Before starting off, take a moment to help us understand where you are:
Do you identify with one of the following?
- I’m new to intentional daily practice
- I want to strengthen my daily practices and experience more depth, nuance and meaning in life
- I want to diversify my daily practices, and am excited to explore new approaches.
If any of these apply to you, our Starter Ecologies of Practice (SEoP) might be a great fit!
An Ecology of Practices (EoP) is a set of practices designed to balance and accelerate well-being and growth.
Our Starter EoP is an accessible way to build momentum for a habit of daily practice that contains both depth and breadth.
You’ll engage in 4 weekly, 30-min “practice sessions”, all taking place (for now) at 9am Eastern Time. These practice sessions are easy to drop into–no lectures, no need to take notes. Practice sessions can be like a yoga class in the gym or morning stretching and meditation at home. Some sessions revolve around solo practice, but within the fellowship/community of others following the same program. In other sessions, you will actively engage with fellow practitioners.
You will also be given a simple practice guide for “off” days..
These four sessions break down as follows:
1. Journaling – in these sessions we’ll be mostly dropping into silence together. The facilitator for the session will offer the journaling structure for the day, and some prompts of things to consider.
2. Embodiment – we’ll have two flavors of sessions for these, one will be more active, high energy and one will be slower/gentle energy. Both will be guided by the facilitator, with the intention of bringing awareness to the range and subtleties of our somatic experience.
3. Meditation – this is also largely a session where we drop into silence together. Different flavors of meditation across sessions. If you’ve never meditated before, there’s no need to worry about ‘thirty-minutes?!’ You can go at your own pace. Try for 1 min, take a break, try for 3, or just a minute and a half. You can be self-paced within the context of the larger facilitated guided session.
4. Authentic Relating – we will play “relating games” to practice expressions that more accurately reflect our inner experience in relationship (even just 1% more is considered success). These are highly interactive and verbal experiences we engage with as a full group, or in triads and pairings.
If your current practices feel incomplete, or stagnant, or you’d like the support of a fellowship of people showing up to practice to help you stay on track, take a look at the event calendar for the current schedule of Starter EoP [SEoP] practice sessions and register (just once) for access to the orientation guide.